How You Can Give Back to Local Senior Housing in Ashland NE
Senior housing Ashland NE is a haven for senior adults because of the attention and care they receive. However, being in this place is also difficult both for the resident and the family for they lack the time and capacity to care for their loved ones.
Aside from senior housing facilities, families and concern groups contribute to the activities and programs that make the lives of residents more meaningful.
Donations and reach-out programs will always bring a smile to the residents’ faces more particularly those who don’t have visitors, phone calls, or cards during special occasions.
Why Give Back
Dedicating your time or resources no matter how small or big offers a multitude of benefits not only to the senior residents but to you as well. Giving back gives a long-lasting impact on the community and it is inspiring to see that impact that you have made
- Volunteering is a great opportunity to expand your network and build relationships with other people you meet outside of your everyday living
- Studies have shown that volunteering improves physical health, lowers stress levels, and aids in managing chronic health conditions
- Volunteer also works as a venue to find opportunities for future endeavors, change of career, or references.
- Cleaning drives or book donations enhance the lives of residents and improve the community. A strong and safe community makes for a better standard of healthier and secure living for everyone.
- Lastly, giving back teaches gratitude and kindness. Both giver and receiver find new appreciation thanks to donating.
How Can I Give Back To Senior Housing In Ashland NE?
Foremost, it is best to phone your nearest housing home to inquire about their volunteer and donation rules. Speak to the facility director or social worker to know what the senior residents might need.
Once you learn the donation process, you can start collecting items that seniors can use and appreciate.
- Homemade stationery makes the most affordable yet special items the elderly will appreciate. The colorful set of stationery makes memorable writing sheets when sending letters to family and friends.
- Throw blankets are great for portable comfort. Many residents feel cold this time of year and throws are the perfect size for bringing around the facility.
- Pair the throw blankets with soft socks to keep their feet warm. Always go for socks with sole grips to reduce the risk of resident falls.
- Personal care supplies like shampoo, soap, lotion, and pill dispensers are essential items.
- Books or card games will give senior residents simple entertainment that they can share with other residents.
All senior housing facilities, like Richmont Senior Living, appreciates your time and any donations provided.
Richmont Senior Living is proud to serve Ashland, NE and the surrounding cities: Memphis, Springfield, South Bend, Greenwood, Murdock, Waverly, Murdock, Ithaca, and Chalco