10 Must-Read Summer Books for Residents in Assisted Living
Every resident in assisted living always looks forward to the warm, sunny summer months where the weather’s perfect for strolling, spending time outdoors, and of course, reading a good book.
Now, if your residents have been looking for excellent titles to indulge in this summer, here are our top ten picks:
The View Was Exhausting
- Authors: Mikaella Clements and Onjuli Datta.
- Summary: Dating an A-list personality has its perks, but this novel will also show you its not-so-glamorous side.
Summer on the Bluffs: A Novel
- Author: Sunny Hostin.
- Summary: “The View” co-host Sunny takes you to Oak Bluffs where three goddaughters are fighting to win a beautiful cottage.
Seven Days in June
- Author: Tia Williams.
- Summary: A story of Eva and Shane, this novel takes you on a journey of love found within seven days in June, lost and found again.
- Author: Kristen Arnett.
- Summary: A heartwarming story of the pain of a family that is falling apart, this is surely a must-read for anyone in assisted living.
- Author: Kathy Wang.
- Summary: From the bestselling author of Family Trust comes another novel that will surely give you Silicon Valley feels. This is a story about a spy that became a tech COO and an employee who might just blow up her disguise.
A Special Place for Women
- Author: Laura Hankin.
- Summary: This novel takes you inside the most exclusive women’s club in New York as journalist Jillian Beckley tries to discover its deepest secrets.
Don’t Breathe a Word
- Author: Jordyn Taylor.
- Summary: In this interesting novel, author Jordyn Taylor gives us inside access to the world of an elite boarding school where two stories, Eva from the present day and Connie from 1962, talks about the unique journeys that will surely change their lives.
What Comes After: A Novel
- Author: Joanne Tompkins.
- Summary: A heartwarming and thrilling novel, this story talks about life after the tragedy of two teenage boys, the struggle of two single parents left behind and the pregnant teenage girl who’s about to change their lives.
- Authoer: Laura Lippman.
- Summary: From the New York Times bestselling author, this novel is narrated by Adam who is confined to a hospital bed after an accident. He tells the story of how one of the characters in his novels started calling him.
Malibu Rising: A Novel
- Author: Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- Summary: Considered the perfect summer novel, this story takes you to the famous annual Riva party that’s organized by four siblings, supermodel Nina, surfer Jay, photographer Hud, and baby sister Kit. But this year, their best-kept secrets will turn the famous party into a game-changer for everyone.
These are just some of the many great books that residents in assisted living can indulge in during the summer.
Reading is, after all, a great way to relax and enjoy the summer sun while sharpening their memories and keeping their brains working to slow down the progression of dementia or Alzheimer’s.
Whether it’s a classic thriller or a love story, they will surely find one that will satisfy their minds.
Looking for a reliable assistant living facility? Click here to visit our floor plans and see if Richmont Senior Living is the right choice for you!
Richmont Senior Living is proud to serve Ashland, NE and the surrounding cities: Memphis, Springfield, South Bend, Greenwood, Murdock, Waverly, Murdock, Ithaca, and Chalco