Being in senior housing Ashland NE can get lonely and isolating for some residents. Adjusting to a new environment without the constant presence of family can really make them miss life back home, but senior housing Ashland NE is also the safest place they could be.
With summer now in full swing, there are a lot of activities that seniors can do to fight boredom and loneliness, one of which is reading.
The benefits of summer reading
Reading isn’t just a fun pastime, but it’s also especially beneficial for residents in senior housing Ashland NE because:
It helps to keep the brain active.
- With memory loss being one of the most common problems of seniors, summer reading helps to boost brain power and preserve cognition for as long as possible.
It fosters creativity and empathy.
- Reading the best books can really make you occupied for hours without knowing that you’re already allowing yourself to release your creativity and empathy. Seniors need this since being in the same place all the time can make them lose their sense of creativity and they might also find it hard to express their emotions.
It’s a great way to pass the time.
- Reading is a great afternoon activity where seniors can either stay in their room, be in a communal area, or spend time outdoors while enjoying their favorite book.
Books for residents in senior housing Ashland NE
- This book from New York Times bestselling author Alice Feeney will take you through the ups and downs of a ten-year marriage and all its deepest secrets.
- This riveting novel from #1 international bestselling author Christina Lauren talks about how one woman tries to settle into her now until she meets her first and only love of her life and everything turns upside down.
- This domestic thriller will keep you on your toes with its surprise plots in a story told by L.S. Stratton that touches on race and gender politics.
- This mystery thriller from the #1 New York Times bestselling author Laura Dave will take you to the story of a woman who is out to find the real reason her husband disappeared.
- Written by Abraham Verghese, this novel talks about how a family took three generations to search for answers to a secret that has been in their midst for decades.
- This book written by #1 New York Times bestselling author Emily Henry follows the story of Harriet and Wyn, a couple who broke up but had to pretend that they were still together on an annual weeklong holiday with their friends.
Summer reading is definitely one of the best things that residents in senior housing Ashland NE can do to keep themselves entertained during this time of year. So, if you have a loved one in senior housing, make sure to grab these books for him as a gift and he’ll surely appreciate your warm gesture.
Looking for excellent Senior care in Nebraska? Click here to learn all about Richmont Senior Living!
Richmont Senior Living is proud to serve Ashland, NE and the surrounding cities: Memphis, Springfield, South Bend, Greenwood, Murdock, Waverly, Murdock, Ithaca, and Chalco