Father’s Day Gift and Activity Ideas for Dads in Assisted Living Facilities | Ashland, NE
Father’s Day is right around the corner and it’s your chance to celebrate the most important man in your life, your dad.
If he’s living in one of the assisted living facilities Ashland, NE, you have more reason to make your father feel extra special on this day by planning activities and gifts that will help you honor all his years of hard work for your family.
Father’s Day gift ideas
Are you planning to give your dad a special gift this Father’s Day, but you don’t know what to choose? Here are some ideas:
A gift card.
- If you can’t figure out exactly what your dad likes or you just want him to have the freedom of buying his gift, you can opt for a gift card that he can use to shop without worrying about paying later on.
- Is your dad a huge sports fan? Look for sports memorabilia from his favorite athlete or team and he’ll surely love the gesture of you supporting what he likes.
- Dads are known for being able to fix almost anything around the house, and they can still help even if they’re living in assisted living facilities Ashland, NE. Give your father the authority to be Mr. Handyman once again by giving him a simple toolbox with tools that he can use to make minor repairs in his room or if his help is needed around the facility.
- Make your dad feel extra comfortable when sleeping by gifting him with new pairs of pajamas that he’ll surely enjoy wearing.
Father’s Day activity ideas
If you’re planning to surprise your dad with a visit to assisted living this Father’s Day, here are some activities that you can do:
Eat lunch together.
- Order his favorite food or cook it yourself and go on a picnic at the facility grounds where you can have lunch and share good conversations.
Go on a walk.
- Walking is a great exercise for seniors. It also helps them get fresh air that’s beneficial to their health. Go on a walk around the facility or at a local park nearby.
Watch his favorite TV show.
- Your Dad will surely love having some company while he enjoys his favorite TV show. Of course, it would be more fun if you bring some snacks to munch on while you’re at it.
Do a puzzle together.
- Puzzles have been proven to help patients with Alzheimer’s preserve their memory. So, why not buy a 500- or 1,000-piece puzzle and spend the afternoon putting it together? The challenge of this task and the time it takes to complete it will surely make this activity more memorable.
What are you waiting for? This is your chance to thank your dad for everything he’s done for you to live a good life. These simple gifts and ideas will surely be appreciated by your father more than you could imagine.
Are you looking for an assisted living facility in Ashland for yourself or a relative? Click here to learn more about Richmont Senior Living!
Richmont Senior Living is proud to serve Ashland, NE and the surrounding cities: Memphis, Springfield, South Bend, Greenwood, Murdock, Waverly, Murdock, Ithaca, and Chalco